Saturday, August 30, 2008

Oceans Eleven and Saturday Night

Today I spent the day with Brayden while Greg did his 6 month check ride. We went to Office Depot and bought envelopes because we're out and I needed to mail my check and RSVP for my Gamma Phi Beta reunion. Nothing like taking an 18-month old toddler into a store for one item. He was ready for a shopping spree. So, I let him push the cart around the store at full speed for 15 minutes. The patrons alternated between finding him cute and dodging his potentially lethal driving. He bends over and puts his hands on the bar where your feet go and pushes. FAST. I merely steer the cart and warn people of impending harm.

After that, we headed to the post office, to buy stamps, and drop the envelope in the mail. He has just recently started loving to walk everywhere on his own rather than be carried. It is so cute to see him reach up and take my hand! Then we got to the post office with the revolving door and he had to be carried it. That door, though, fascinated him. We got the envelope mailed and headed back home.

Brayden has been fussing at nap time lately, and today was no exception. Reading a book didn't help and neither did trying to hold him. I got a random idea to tell him a story and he LOVED it! I decided to tell him his birth story from start to finish and he was asleep within 10 minutes.

For dinner, we ordered pizza and watched the storms out on the porch. It was an amazing night! Greg and I cleaned the house and once we settled down we found Oceans Eleven on TBS. That's our all-time favorite movie. It was about 2/3 of the way through and we watched it to the end. It is being repeated now, so I'm watching the beginning while I type this. Brayden went down about 9:30...within 4 minutes, while I continued his birth story. Either I am dreadfully boring or incredibly soothing!

Tomorrow evening, we're having some friends over to grill out and watch Big Brother. Monday will be more relaxation and then back to work Tuesday. Blech!

No comments: