Wednesday, August 27, 2008

And so it begins...

nothing like a little down time to create a sense of urgency to do something! As I sit here enjoying my week off from work, I felt the need to create a blog about our family and share with the world what goes on here. It isn't like we're all that chaotic - or interesting, even - I merely feel compelled to talk.

From where I sit, at nearly 7pm on random Wednesday, I see my son beating on the door...the very door I cleaned thoroughly about 2 hours ago, removing the thousands of overlapping handprints. He wants to go outside with his daddy, and after 2-3 minutes spent intently trying to open the door himself, he resorted to beating on it. It amazes me that he is almost tall enough to open it and go outside whenever he wants. That's going to present a problem because I'm not sure there are any safety locks for that type of door handle.

Today, Brayden is sick again. Yesterday, the doctor said he has impetigo, but I am not feeling that diagnosis. She claims he has strep and took a throat culture before starting him on antibiotics. What can we do, though? He seems quite prone to anything with blisters, sores, or rashes in the symptom list. In fact, that appears to be his primary illness each time. I can see the sores inside his mouth (again) and he has only had 3 wet diapers today. No question he is resisting swallowing. He is supposed to be able to go back to daycare tomorrow. I suppose we'll see how tonight goes.

Tomorrow, I am going to do nothing but "me" stuff. Greg is taking Brayden to daycare and I think I am going to rest and then maybe get a pedicure. About 5, I'll head to Jennifer Jay's and see her new house.

I got a lot of things done today - put together a list of Mary Kay products that I'm discounting 50% off (you can email me for details), got several meetings scheduled at work, and even took a nap. I did the dreaded bathroom cleaning and wonder how in the world we ever get clean in a room so disgusting.

That's all for now. See ya' next time.
~michelle

No comments: